2022 Competition Overview
Team Requirements: 6th – 12th Grades are eligible to enter. This is to be a 100% student generated design, with no more than four students per team. An original draft of the design will need to be provided at competition. All must be students currently in the School District of Janesville, Janesville private/religious schools or Janesville homeschool students.
Team Registration Deadline: November 22, 2022
Presentation Date/Location: January 27, 2023 at SHINE HQ, 3400 Innovation Ct. Janesville, WI 53546 – Teams will describe their design in an 8-10-minute presentation.
Prizes: VIP Behind the Scenes Tour of a SHINE facility for the winning team and accompanying adult and 3D printing supplies for winning team’s school.
- Everyone receives participant certificate designed by SHINE
- Medals for First, Second and Third Place winners
Judging Criteria: 40 Points
- SHINE-y-ness (most resembles SHINE technology) – 10 Points
- Usefulness (able to use in daily office life) – 10 Points
- Innovation/Creativity – 10 Points
- Presentation – 10 Points
Design Specifications: also available to download with the blue tab below.
- Dimensions: 15cm (wide) x 15cm (long) x 30cm (tall)
- Must be 100% 3D printed; exception made for lights, batteries, electrical connections & paint
- Materials: unlimited
- Must include the following text/graphics: “2022” “Illuminator Award” & SHINE logo
Judges: Designs will be judged by 5-7 SHINE Staff Members