Our full contact details are set out at the end of this policy. For the purposes of European data protection laws (where applicable), SHINE is the controller for personal information processed in accordance with this policy (except where this policy explains otherwise).
Information we collect
Information we obtain from you when you interact with or access SHINE websites may include:
SHINE follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit SHINE websites. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, operating system, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date time zone and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, mouse-overs, and possibly the number of clicks). The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, and understanding how users engage with different parts of the website.
The SHINE websites use ‘cookies’. These typically involve pieces of information or code that a website transfers to or accesses from your computer hard drive or mobile device to store and log information. Cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. These are not linked to any information that directly identifies you but enable you to be remembered when using that computer or device. The information is used by us to distinguish different users and optimize a user’s experience by customizing our web page content based on browser type and/or other information. A cookie does not give us access to your computer or provide any information other than the data you choose to share.
We use the following types of cookies
- Essential cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. To manage your session, and complete forms
- Analytics cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us for our legitimate interests of improving the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us, subject to your choices and preferences, remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You can find out more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them here. Personal Data Settings.
If you wish to customize which cookies are enabled for the SHINE websites, you can do so by following the Cookie Popup link here.
You can also choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
Personal Information you provide
SHINE only collects personal information that you voluntarily provide, typically when you express an interest in obtaining information about SHINE or our products and services and communicate with us via our websites.
When you use the “Contact Us” link located on a SHINE website, the information you fill out on the “About You” and “How can we reach you?” sections is collected by SHINE. Depending on the context of your interactions with SHINE, that can include personal information including, name, address, email address, phone number who your work for and your job function and information summarizing the nature of your inquiry.
Uses of Data
We will use this information:
- To administer our websites and for internal operations including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, customization for your experience, and statistical purposes
- To verify your identity and keep our websites, and your personal information, safe and secure
- To improve our websites and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device
- To facilitate social media sharing functionality
- To provide you or the company you work for with the information, products and services you request from us.
Promotional updates and communications
Where permitted in our legitimate interests or with your prior consent where required by law, we will use your personal information for marketing analysis and to provide you with promotional update communications about our products and services.
You can object to promotional communications at any time by [insert mechanism] or by selecting the unsubscribe link at the end of all our promotional communications or by sending us an email to [insert email]
Sharing personal information
We may share your personal information with appropriate third parties including:
- our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of dealings we have in the normal course of business with you or the organization for whom you work;
- our auditors, legal advisors and other professional advisors or service providers;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site and subject to the cookie section of this policy.
Other disclosures we may make
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If SHINE or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of supply and other agreements with you or the company you work for; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of SHINE, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and to prevent cybercrime.
How we protect your information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our websites any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Where do we store your information?
The information that we process in relation to you is held on SHINE’s servers in the United States.
Where you are resident in European Economic Area (“EEA”) or UK, your personal information will be transferred to, and stored outside the EEA or UK and may not be subject to equivalent data protection law. It may also be processed by staff situated outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers.
Your personal is held information outside the EEA and UK:
- In order to store it.
- In order to facilitate the operation of our website and business where it is in our legitimate interests and we have concluded these are not overridden by your rights.
How long we keep personal information
Third Party Privacy Policies
SHINE does not knowingly collect any Personally Identifiable Information from children under the age of 18. By accessing the SHINE websites, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Services. If you believe that your child has provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately, and we will take reasonable measures to promptly delete such information from our records.
You have the right under certain circumstances:
- to be provided with a copy of your personal information held by us;
- to request the rectification or erasure of your personal information held by us;
If you are a California resident, we will process that information according to our Privacy Notice for California Residents.
In some regions (like the European Economic Area and UK), you have certain additional rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right:
- to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);
- to object to the further processing of your personal information, including the right to object to marketing (as mentioned in ‘Our promotional updates and communications’ section;
- to request that your provided personal information be moved to a third party.
Your right to withdraw consent
Where the processing of your personal information by us is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent without detriment at any time by contacting us [link to contact us section]. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal. You can also change your marketing preferences at any time as described in ‘Our promotional updates and communications’ section;
How to exercise your rights
You can also exercise the rights listed above at any time by contacting us at 877.512.6554. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area or UK and your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you may approach your local data protection supervisory authority, You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
Changes to this policy